Re: Postgre 8 beta 5

От M. Bastin
Тема Re: Postgre 8 beta 5
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
>I installed the postgresql 8-beta5 on my computer windows XP. This
>computer will be my server.
>
>I execute the "start service" (button
>"start->program->postgresql->start service) on ther "server", and
>all work fine.
>
>My question is: I do not know what is necessary to access this
>postgre (server) of another computer (windows XP). This "another
>computer" will be my client.

Hi Clayton,

First of all both of your computers must be configured for a TCP/IP
network and the PostgreSQL server must be started with TCP/IP access
enabled, which is the case now by default since v8 if I'm not
mistaken.

Then on the client computer you need a program that can communicate
over TCP/IP with PostgreSQL.  There are a lot of these for free on
the web.  One example that works on Windows and respects text
encodings is Eduphant which you can download from
<http://aliacta.com/download>.

Cheers,

Marc

Сообщение: Re: using a correlated subquery in update
Сообщение: Re: using a correlated subquery in update